At Biesecker Dutkanych & Macer, LLC, we believe that the rights of American workers should always be protected and defended. Nothing displeases us more than to learn that a worker has been unjustly treated in the workplace. If you are dealing with an employment law case in Evansville, we can provide you with the aggressive and tenacious legal representation you need, regardless of its complexity.
As employment lawyers in Indiana, we can assist you with the following kinds of employment law matters:
Have questions regarding your Indiana employment law case? Get the answers you need during a case evaluation with our employment law firm in Evansville. Call us at (812) 496-3071 to request yours today.
What Do Employment Attorneys in Indiana Do?
Employment attorneys in Indianapolis and Evansville play an instrumental role in ensuring that employees' rights are upheld, especially in scenarios of wrongful termination. When employers violate Indiana labor laws, these legal professionals step in to defend those unfairly treated workers, advocating for their rights and seeking justice on their behalf. With an in-depth understanding of Indiana employment laws, Indiana labor lawyers devise effective strategies to secure deserved compensation for victims.
Services provided by these Evansville employment law attorneys include:
- Consultation: They provide preliminary advice and guidance during a case evaluation, helping clients understand their rights and potential legal options.
- Representation: They offer robust legal representation in court, ensuring that their client’s side of the story is appropriately presented and defended.
- Negotiation: They negotiate with employers for rightful compensation or reinstatement, leveraging their legal acumen to obtain the best possible outcomes.
- Paperwork: They handle all necessary paperwork, from filing claims to preparing for court proceedings, ensuring everything is completed accurately and timely.
- Education: They educate their clients about their rights under Indiana labor laws, empowering them to stand up against unjust treatment in the future.
Evansville Employment Lawyers Standing up for Wronged Workers Since 2004
We realize that many wronged workers hesitate from taking legal action out of fear of retaliation. You can feel peace of mind in knowing that the law is on your side. Your employer has the responsibility to create and maintain a safe and pleasant working environment. You shouldn’t have to endure inappropriate treatment in the workplace, such as harassment. We are ready and willing to stand up in defense of your rights in any employment law matter!
Should you choose to hire our employment law attorneys in Indiana, you can also expect the following:
- Creative legal strategies that are crafted with your specific needs in mind
- Unwavering support, from start to finish
- Passionate and hard-hitting litigation skills
Take Action Today! Turn to Biesecker Dutkanych & Macer, LLC for Legal Help.
Our Evansville employment attorneys will diligently review all the details of your matter and thoroughly prepare your case. We can represent you before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and handle cases at the federal and state level. When it comes to pursuing justice on behalf of workers, we don’t back down.
Employment Law FAQ
What is wrongful termination?
- Wrongful termination occurs when an employee is fired for reasons that violate employment laws, employment contracts, or public policy. Examples include termination based on discrimination, retaliation, or in violation of contractual terms.
What constitutes workplace discrimination?
- Workplace discrimination involves treating employees unfairly based on characteristics such as race, gender, age, disability, religion, or national origin. It is illegal, and employees have rights to protection against discrimination under various federal and state laws.
How is harassment defined in the workplace?
- Workplace harassment involves unwelcome and offensive behavior, comments, or actions based on protected characteristics, such as sex, race, or religion. Harassment can create a hostile work environment and is prohibited by law.
What are wage and hour laws, and how do they apply?
- Wage and hour laws govern issues related to employee compensation, including minimum wage, overtime pay, and working hours. Employers must comply with these laws to ensure fair and legal compensation practices.
Can an employer change the terms of employment without notice?
- Generally, employers cannot unilaterally change significant terms of employment without notice or agreement. However, the specifics depend on employment contracts, company policies, and applicable laws.
What rights do employees have regarding workplace safety?
- Employees have the right to a safe and healthy work environment. Employers are obligated to comply with occupational safety and health standards and address workplace hazards to ensure employee well-being.
How can I report workplace retaliation?
- If you believe you are facing retaliation for engaging in protected activities, such as whistleblowing or filing a complaint, you should document the incidents and report them to the appropriate internal channels or regulatory agencies.
What is the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and who is eligible?
- The FMLA allows eligible employees to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave per year for specified family or medical reasons without the risk of losing their job. Eligibility is based on factors such as the size of the employer and the employee's tenure.
How do I know if I have a valid employment discrimination claim?
- If you believe you have experienced discrimination, gather relevant documentation and consult with an employment lawyer. They can assess the details of your case, including the protected characteristic involved and the circumstances of the alleged discrimination.
I am very thankful for their help!B.B.
By far the best lawyer!M.B.
Great Service, Great Communication.A.E.
Recognized by prestigious organizations such as Super Lawyers and Martindale-Hubbell
Commitment to your long-term interests, to make sure you are ready for what lies ahead
Proactive approach that is thorough, professional, and prepared with extreme care
Proven track record of successful cases inside and outside of court
Results-oriented litigation that produces meaningful results
Personalized attention that only a small, close-knit firm like ours can offer