When you rely on your job for your livelihood, it can be devastating and overwhelming to face discrimination, harassment, or wrongful termination. Many people don't realize that there are federal and state laws in place to protect employees from unfair treatment in the workplace or they remain silent out of fear of retribution. Unfortunately, unscrupulous employers are willing to take advantage of their employee's precarious situation while continuing to operate unsafe or unfair workplaces.
If you've been subjected to any of these forms of mistreatment in your job, you need the help of experienced employment lawyers to fight for your rights. At Biesecker Dutkanych & Macer, LLC, we recognize the dilemma and hardship caused by an unjust employer. As seasoned Indianapolis employment lawyers with over five decades of combined experience, we believe that every employee is legally entitled to a safe workplace, free from discrimination, harassment, and unfair treatment.
If you have been victimized by your employer, you have a legal right to be heard. You deserved to be equitably compensated. Our team of dedicated attorneys can deliver the passionate advocacy required to assert your employee rights and protect your future.
Don't wait to take action - contact one of our Indianapolis employment lawyers today at (317) 537-9920 to schedule a free consultation. We'll listen to your story, answer your questions, and explain your legal options. We believe that everyone deserves equal treatment in the workplace, and we're here to help you fight for your rights.
Wrongfully Terminated? Get Personalized Legal Counsel!
Unfortunately, the United States is one of the few nations in the world where non-government employees can dismiss an employee without cause. Employment is considered to be "at will," which means that either the employer or employee may choose to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, as long as the reason is not illegal discrimination. Not only that, but your boss does not have to give you any notice before terminating you.
However, even in at-will employment, there are still legal protections against wrongful termination. If your employer fired you for discriminatory or retaliatory reasons, or if they violated your employment contract, you may have a wrongful termination claim. Our experienced Indianapolis employment lawyers can help you navigate the legal system and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Unlawful reasons for termination include:
- Discrimination based on age, race, gender, religion, national origin, or disability
- Retaliation for reporting illegal activities or participating in a protected activity such as filing a complaint or testifying against the employer
- Retaliation for taking a leave of absence under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Retaliation for reporting safety violations or refusing to engage in illegal or unsafe activities
- Termination in violation of an employment contract or collective bargaining agreement
- Demotion or termination for taking time off to serve on a jury or perform military service
- Termination due to a workplace injury or a disability that could be reasonably accommodated
- Termination as a form of sexual harassment or abuse of power by a supervisor or employer
If you believe that the reason for your termination falls into one of these categories, you should speak with one of our experienced employment lawyers as soon as possible. Our legal team has extensive experience dealing with wrongful termination claims and can help you determine the best course of action to take.
At Biesecker Dutkanych & Macer, LLC, we understand the emotional and financial toll of an unjust termination. We are dedicated to providing personalized legal counsel to each of our clients, making sure that their unique circumstances are taken into account. Our attorneys will work tirelessly to help you get back on your feet and reclaim the dignity and compensation that you deserve.
Passionate Legal Advocacy for High-Stakes Employment Matters
In addition to wrongful termination cases, our team of Indianapolis employment lawyers offers a range of other legal services to protect your employee rights.
- Employment discrimination: If you've been treated unfairly due to your race, gender, age, disability, religion, or national origin, our attorneys can help you assert your legal rights and seek compensation for any losses you've suffered.
- Sexual harassment: No one should have to tolerate inappropriate or unwanted sexual advances in the workplace. If you've been the victim of sexual harassment, we can help you hold your employer accountable and seek justice.
- Wage and hour disputes: If your employer has failed to pay you the wages or benefits you're entitled to under the law, our attorneys can help you recover what is owed to you.
- Whistleblower protection: If you've reported a violation of the law or other wrongdoing by your employer and have faced retaliation as a result, we can help you protect your rights and seek compensation.
At Biesecker Dutkanych & Macer, LLC, we are committed to promoting equality and fairness in the workplace. We believe that every employee has the right to be treated with respect and dignity, and we will fight for your rights using all legal means available. With more than five decades of combined experience, our Indianapolis employment lawyers have the knowledge, skill, and passion to help you achieve a just outcome.
If you've been the victim of discrimination, harassment, or wrongful termination, contact us online or call us at (317) 537-9920 to schedule a free consultation.
I am very thankful for their help!B.B.
By far the best lawyer!M.B.
Great Service, Great Communication.A.E.
Recognized by prestigious organizations such as Super Lawyers and Martindale-Hubbell
Commitment to your long-term interests, to make sure you are ready for what lies ahead
Proactive approach that is thorough, professional, and prepared with extreme care
Proven track record of successful cases inside and outside of court
Results-oriented litigation that produces meaningful results
Personalized attention that only a small, close-knit firm like ours can offer